nfs problems

Greetings all;

I did have perfectly working nfs shares to 3 other machines before I
updated this one my installing wheezy on it about 6 weeks ago.

Networking that Just Worked(TM) on a ubuntu 10.04-4 LTS install on
everything is now busted.

For instance, the other 3 machines, one now has lubuntu 14.04-2 LTS on
it, its a laptop, and it works as expected.  Mounted as /net/lappy on
this machine. #1

Next is a ubuntu 10.04-4 LTS install, called shop, running a small cnc
milling machine, and is mounted on /net/shop on this machine. #2

Next is the box on my cnc lathe, #3.  But now, not even root can make a
third directory on this /net subdir, No Permissions.  And the name of
the dir could be LanceRumpleStiltSkin & root still can't make the
directory.

Anybody have a clue to spare, I seem to be fresh out?  Do I have to
umount the other shares or something equally piddly?

Thanks all

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)