Re: Default virtualhost on Debian Jessie with Apache 2.4.10

On 05/07/2015 08:31 AM, Bob Proulx wrote:
Marco Stoecker wrote:
thanks for your help. I did it the other way. Just installed wheezy on
a 2nd machine, installed apache2, disabled the default site and still,
if I call http://192.168.10.16, it shows the default site.

I am unable to recreate your problem on wheezy.  I just now installed
a pristine wheezy installation.  I installed apache.  I disabled the
regular port 80 non-https as previously discussed.  Additionally on
Wheezy it is necessary to comment out the NameVirtualHost line as well
as the Listen entry.

File /etc/apache2/ports.conf

  # NameVirtualHost *:80
  # Listen 80

The rest of the instructions were as previously noted.  When doing
that there is no web server listening on port 80.  I cannot recreate
your problem.

But is where can I disable the default completely (I guess somewhere
to change the DocumentRoot in the main config)?

I am sorry but if the instructions are followed then there will be no
web server listening on port 80.  I can only assume that you are
missing some step.  Go back and try it all again.  Really!  :-)

If you follow the instructions given then there will be no web server
listening on port 80 and there won't be a default "It works!" page.

Bob

But what happens to the mailman site, if I disable listening on port 80? Will the mailman site still be available?
BR
Marco