Re: Default virtualhost on Debian Jessie with Apache 2.4.10

Daniel Bareiro wrote:
> Currently I have a unique site in sites-enabled which is accessed only
> via HTTPS. Hoping to have an access error when trying to access this
> site via HTTP, Apache sends me to the default site which is "It's
> works!" page in /var/www/html.
>
> I was looking in the Apache configuration files where is configured the
> default site but I have not found it. This was set at low level in the
> compilation of the service?

By default apache2 will install with this:

  lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 35 May  1 14:22 000-default.conf -> ../sites-available/000-default.conf

Of course that file has:
  <VirtualHost *:80>
        DocumentRoot /var/www/html

And with this in /etc/apache2/ports.conf:

  Listen 80

Removing that default configuration will remove apache from listening
on port 80 leaving only your configuration listening on port 443.

Bob