Re: Security updates for wheezy breaking my FAI-installation

Am 2015-05-04 09:48, schrieb Mathias Friman:
recently Ive encountered this problem when doing a server-installation
with FAI from CD. There seems to be some security updates that break
the dependencies I rely on.

As of now Ive disabled the security repository on the install-CD and
enable it when the server is rebooted and do a regular apt-get update
&& apt-get upgrade at which point I can install the security updates
as expected.

My sources.list:

deb http://http.debian.net/debian/ wheezy main
deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main

There's your problem. Wheezy isn't stable anymore since the release of
Jessie, so if you reference stable, it will try to pull in the
security updates for Jessie - and not Wheezy. And those require
packages from Jessie (e.g. newer libc).

Explicitly write wheezy/updates instead of stable/updates and your
problem will go away. (You could also write oldstable in theory.)

Personally, I generally don't like putting stable in sources.list but
rather reference the code name explicitly. This has the advantage that
I can dist-upgrade on my own timetable. (testing is a different matter,
some people want to stay on testing and then you do want to put the
alias in there and not the code name.)

Christian