Re: Upgrade to Jessie : some network problems

On Sun, 3 May 2015 16:24:43 +0200
Nicolas FRANCOIS <nicolas.francois@free.fr> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> After upgrading from Wheezy to Jessie, I have a few networking
> problems :
> - I had a clear HiID on aMule before, now I get a LowID. I don't know
>   why, I only upgraded my desktop, my router/firewall is an ipFire box
>   transferring the correct ports to my client.
>   It's not really important, but I'd like to understand what's going
> on.
> - I had trouble with my NFS and SMB mounts on a wheezy NAS. I couldn't
>   mount them anymore :
>
>   $ sudo mount /mnt/nfssave
>   mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting
>   $ sudo mount /mnt/smbshare/
>   mount: mauvais type de système de fichiers, option erronée,
> superbloc erroné sur //192.168.10.84/partage, page de code ou
> programme auxiliaire manquant, ou autre erreur (pour plusieurs
> système de fichiers (NFS ou CIFS par exemple), un
> programme /sbin/mount.<type> auxiliaire pourrait être nécessaire)
>
>   I solved the SMB problem by updating my NAS box and installing
>   smb-utils, but I still can't mount the NFS share. No indication on
>   ANY log from the server when I try to mount it, nothing has changed
>   in the configuration...
>
> Can you help me, especially on the NFS problem ? Or point me to what I
> could do to debug all this ?

Are you sure you might not have gotten a different IP address after the
upgrade? And what does the line for /mnt/nfssave in /etc/fstab on the
client and the appropriate line in /etc/exports on the server say?

Also try running mount with "-v".

Petter

--
"I'm ionized"