How can I use pulse as as user on a headless server?

Hi gurus,

I have a dac attached to a debian server running mpd and output the sound from the desktop machine to pulseaudio on the server. This works if I start pulseaudio -D --system which is considered to be "a bad idea". Another disadvantage is that mpd does not work connected to alsa directly, only through pulse. With wheezy I started pulse with the init script and everything was fine, I could play mpd via alsa if no other application was connected to pa. With jessie there is not init script supplied any more.

How can I autospawn pulse on the remote machine without X? Is there another solution besides PA?

Thanks,
Klaus