Re: Have I been hacked?

On 11/01/15 23:47, Bob Proulx wrote:
Iain M Conochie wrote:
These increase in security as you go higher up the number. So (assuming the
implementation is secure) my fingerprint (being something I am) is more
secure than a password. Also, an ssh-key (being something I have) is more
secure than a password.
Concerning fingerprints and other biometrics for security...

   I am sorry to disclose that our site had a security breach.
   Please change your fingerprints to a new secure fingerprint before
   using the site.

Hmm...  I think I would much rather change my password.

Bob
Hence assuming the implementation is secure. When you use more secure authentication factors, the ability of the remote system to keep them secure needs to be higher. In other words, you have to _trust_ the remote site to be able to keep your unique data secure.

Iain