Re: Have I been hacked?

On 01/11/2015 06:47 PM, Bob Proulx wrote:
Iain M Conochie wrote:
These increase in security as you go higher up the number. So (assuming the
implementation is secure) my fingerprint (being something I am) is more
secure than a password. Also, an ssh-key (being something I have) is more
secure than a password.

Concerning fingerprints and other biometrics for security...

   I am sorry to disclose that our site had a security breach.
   Please change your fingerprints to a new secure fingerprint before
   using the site.

Hmm...  I think I would much rather change my password.

If you don't wear gloves, you leave your fingerprints all over the place. And, as you mention, you can't change them. :) Ric

Linux user# 44256