Re: debian/testing philosophie?

Hi Sven, the Wanderer!

I understand, that during freeze packages might disappear (due to bugs). This
can be an exception, when there is no time to fix a bug to the release date,

But I watched this behaviour not only at the freeze period, this happens
unregularly.

Sometimes I found no reason, why trhe package disappeared. Even an orphaned
package should remain in the repo, when it is not buggy.

I also found packages with the same version in stable and unstable, but not in
testing.

IMHO unstable was always the entrypoint for packages, when there are no
critical bugs it is transferred to testing and then some day to stable.

To all these thoughts, what do you advice me to install? Better unstable than
testing? I know, youi will now say "stable" but stable is sometimes just too
old for a desktop (for example I had problems with the installation on
notebooks, as the rather old kernel from debian/stable did not support some
modern hardware network card or the wlan-card).

So, to close this discussion for now, I suggest the following:  after the next
stable release, I will watch, which packages will disappear, and when and
why., Maybe then I will be allowed to bother you again with facts?

Thank you for now for your answers!

Best regards

Hans