Re: Laptop + VGA + X

Hi, François.

Thank you for the input. Here is my other attempt, with the correct monitor identifiers:

hudson@musix:~$ xrandr --output LVDS-1 --auto --output VGA-1 --auto
hudson@musix:~$
hudson@musix:~$ xrandr
Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1280 x 800, maximum 2047 x 2047
LVDS-1 connected 1280x800+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 303mm x 190mm
   1280x800      59.91*+
VGA-1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)

As you see, the extern monitor remains considered disconnected. (It behaves like in standby state, as it takes a little time to display the screen when I switch to the framebuffer terminal.)

Hudson