Re: Re: Laptop + VGA + X

On Wed, Dec 30, 2015 at 10:05:22AM -0200, Hudson Flavio Meneses Lacerda wrote:
> Joel Roth wrote:
> >Hudson Flavio Meneses Lacerda wrote:

> >>How to enable Xorg to use a VGA monitor plugged to a laptop?
> >
> >I use a command like this:
> >
> >xrandr --output LVDS1 --auto --output VGA1 --auto

> I just tried your suggestion, but got this message:
>
> hudson@musix:tmp$ xrandr --output LVDS1 --auto --output VGA1 --auto
> warning: output LVDS1 not found; ignoring
> warning: output VGA1 not found; ignoring
> hudson@musix:tmp$

Your monitor names are probably a little bit different.
Typing "xrandr" with no option will allow you to list the monitors
actually seen by X. For example I have eDP1, VGA1 and HDMI1 as
possible names for my current configuration :

$ xrandr
Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1366 x 768, maximum 8192 x 8192
eDP1 connected 1366x768+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 344mm x 194mm
   1366x768      60.03*+  40.01
   1360x768      59.80    59.96
VGA1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
HDMI1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)

francois