Re: HAL

On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 7:06 AM, Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 December 2015 07:41:10 kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:
>> > Because, criminal offence though I fully understand it to be, I want to
>> > use my television to watch UK Channel 4 catch-up TV and Amazon Prime
>> > Video.  For that I need the computer attached to my television to run
>> > Flash-player.
>> >
>> > I know that I can get the setup running in Wheezy.  The question is
>> > whether I can do so it Jessie.  But the stumbling block, I think is that
>> > I need HAL.
>>
>> May I ask what browser you are using to watch Amazon Prime Video?
>
> As of yesterday, Google Chrome.
>
>> When
>> I tried it in Iceweasel, I get the following error
>>
>> Unsupported Browser
>> This web browser isn't compatible with Amazon Video. Please use one of
>> the following web browsers:
>>   Google Chrome (latest version)
>
> I now get the same error with Iceweasel as you got, which is different from
> last time I bothered with Amazon Prime Video, and it works fine in Google
> Chrome.  It didn't last time I investigated.

Okay. Amazon video is working in google chrome even without
libhal1-flash. I still get errors in Iceweasel and chromium.

% dpkg -l google-chrome-stable iceweasel chromium libhal1-flash
pepperflashplugin-nonfree
||/ Name                        Version            Architecture
Description
+++-===========================-==================-==================-===========================================================
ii  chromium                    47.0.2526.80-1~deb amd64
web browser
ii  google-chrome-stable        47.0.2526.106-1    amd64
The web browser from Google
ii  iceweasel                   38.4.0esr-1~deb8u1 amd64
Web browser based on Firefox
dpkg-query: no packages found matching libhal1-flash
dpkg-query: no packages found matching pepperflashplugin-nonfree

One thing of note is that I installed libhal1-flash,
pepperflashplugin-nonfree and removed them while testing it out. I am
not sure if that did the trick. But now it works with google chrome
even without libhal1-flash.

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi | http://raju.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Blog