Re: random reboots of my Lenovo ThinkPad (3.16.7-ckt20-1+deb8u1) (kernel stack trace)

On Fri, 25 Dec 2015, Staszek wrote:

> On 2015-12-24 15:07, Sven Arvidsson wrote:
> > Try disabling nouveau, both in the kernel and the xorg driver, and
> > see if the crashes stop.
>
> Ok, but what other driver shall I use instead?
>
> According to ThinkPad Wiki nv driver works:
> http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/NVIDIA_Quadro_NVS_140M . Unfortunately
> it is not present in Jessie:
> https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=xserver-xorg-video-nv ??..

Have you tried the proprietary nVidia drivers?  I was having
intermittent problems with noveau on my Wheezy system, and installed
nVidia's. Been working great since. Simple install.  Just followed the
instructions.