Re: Attempt to Move Root

On Mon, 21 Dec 2015 04:50:00 -0500 (EST), David Baron wrote:

> Went through all the motions, both ways: On native and chroot. Results were
> the same.  Get in that loop of lv not ready messages.  Difference: Native
> attempt still needs the IDE plugged in or I get 99 99 99 ... , chroot does
> not.
>
> So, what do I do next?

Obviously, the LILO map file is on the IDE drive.  Is your /boot partition
on the IDE drive?  If so, you cannot remove it.  The /boot partition must
be a partition on a physical drive, but obviously it cannot be on the drive
that you want to remove.

The "volume not ready" messages would indicate that LVM2, or some file(s) needed
by it, are not included in the initial RAM file system.