Re: Attempt to Move Root

On Monday 21 December 2015 00:50:43 David Christensen wrote:
> On 12/20/2015 02:58 AM, David Baron wrote:
> > So ... how do I do this??
>
> On 12/20/2015 03:36 AM, David Baron wrote:
>  > my goal is to remove and older 80gig IDE disk from the system
>
> Debian version?
Sid

> What drive is root on?  How is the drive partitioned?  RAID?  LVM? LUKS?
>   Other?  What is the file system type?   How big?
Currently on partition of old IDE drive. Nothing  else remaining on this
drive. Partition is 10gig

> Where do you want to move root?
To an available partition of similar size on the first SATA drive.

> What else is on the same drive as root?  Boot?  Swap?  Do you want to
> move these?  Where?
These are currently on first and second SATA drives, all set up and working.

> initramf-tools/conf.d/resume
This was NOT copied in the cp -x -a /. newroot!
So copied in manually. Points to current swap on 1st SATA.

Went through all the motions, both ways: On native and chroot. Results were
the same. Get in that loop of lv not ready messages. Difference: Native
attempt still needs the IDE plugged in or I get 99 99 99 ... , chroot does
not.

So, what do I do next?