Re: Stretch installation boots to read only

On 12/21/2015 07:19 PM, Sven Hartge wrote:
Gary Roach <gary719_list1@verizon.net> wrote:

I Just upgraded from jessie to stretch. I needed a piece of software
that wasn't available in jessie. Since then, my system boots to a
command line prompt. Since /dev/sda1 has been mounted ro, Xwindows
doesn't start. I have to log in as root, run mount -o remount,rw
/dev/sda1 /, exit from root and then run startx each time I reboot the
system. If i run mount -a, an error occurs in fstab at line 9 which
happens to be the mounting instructions for /dev/sda1. I re-wrote the
line to read /dev/sda1    /  ext4  rw, noatime    0   1 and commented
out the old line. The error still happens at the same place.
Without you providing the exact error nobody will be able to help you.

So please paste the complete /etc/fstab as it is without any
modifications, deletions or alterations, the output of "systemctl
--failed" without any omissions and the exact error you get after "mount
-a" without any own interpretations.

Grüße,
Sven.

I believe that there should not be any spaces in the options, so if the line in /etc/fstab actually reads:

	/dev/sda1    /  ext4  rw, noatime    0   1

It should be:

	/dev/sda1    /  ext4  rw,noatime     0   1

Marc