Re: Getting strange char sequences in email

Hi,

these two headers tell what's going on:

The character set is UTF-8 and the encoding tries to avoid
any byte value that is likely to be modified while the mail
is on its way.
See
  http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc1341/5_Content-Transfer-Encoding.html
  5.1 Quoted-Printable Content-Transfer-Encoding

It seems that your mail client (or the one you got a quote from)
did not convert the bytes back to UTF-8.
Just enter any of the "=XX=XX" sequences into Google.

"=C2=A0" is my old friend NBSP:
  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-breaking_space
"Sa=C5=A1a_Jani=C5=A1ka" is "Sasa_Janiska" with haceks on the "s".

Your own mail is declared as
so that a correct mail client should not translate the "=C2=A0"
when displaying it.

Mine are sent as

I hope it does the necessary conversions. Let's see now.
I send it as "8bit" to myself and to the list ...

Have a nice day :)

Thomas