Re: Getting strange char sequences in email

On Fri, 18 Dec 2015 14:26:46 -0500
David Niklas <doark@mail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I wrote to the clawws-mail mailing list some time ago about problems
> like in the quoted text below:
>
> > Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 18:35:58 +0100
> > From: =?UTF-8?Q?Sa=C5=A1a_Jani=C5=A1ka?= <gour@atmarama.com>
> > To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> > Subject: Re: wine: Bad EXE format for...
> >
> > On =C4=8Cet, 2015-12-17 at 11:30 -0500, The Wanderer wrote:

<snip>

> They suggested that I ask on the list (debian), does anyone else get
> this problem, especially with a non-claws-mail non-web-site email
> client? Does debian-user do anything special to their emails?

Looks like a locales/charset issue. I'm on claws, and that message
displays correctly for me. If I look at the message source, I see what
you quoted, so it looks as if your claws is displaying ASCII instead of
UTF-8.

I have 'Options->Character encoding' set to Automatic, maybe you have
7bit ASCII selected.

--
Joe