Re: no response from listmaster

On Sun, Dec 13, 2015 at 06:57:31PM +0000, Steve Kleene wrote:
> <[🔎] 201512131729.22307.lisi.reisz@gmail.com>
>
> > On Sunday 13 December 2015 17:18:32 Steve Kleene wrote:
> > > debian-user mailing list.  I understand why.  I took the address down for a
> > > few days for reasons that are now irrelevant (but can be related if anyone
> > > cares).  Because mails from lists.debian.org were bouncing, they
> > > unsubscribed me.  A note from listmaster@lists.debian.org on Dec 8 notified
> > > me of this and said, "You are welcome to contact us".  I wrote to that
> > > address twice (Dec 8 and 9).  The mails were not returned to me; I have
> > > received no response; and I'm still unsubscribed.
> > >
> > > Do any of you know of another administrator or ombudsman who might actually
> > > respond?  Thanks.
>
> On Sun Dec 13 12:29:31 2015, Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> replied:
>
> > Why not just resubscribe - much simpler.
>
> Thanks, but that's a whole can of worms I had hoped (in vain) not to reopen.
> Last month I did a thread ("problem e-mailing debian groups") on that and was
> unable to find a solution.  My e-mails to debian-user@lists.debian.org and
> debian-admin@lists.debian.org DO bounce, apparently because my employer
> mishandles sender callback verification.  (Having said that, I don't
> understand why no one but lists.debian.org bounces my e-mails.)  My employer
> only wants to support Microsoft Outlook or Exchange and wishes I didn't run a
> mail server at all.  So I'm on my own.
>
> Since listmaster@lists.debian.org does not bounce my mails, I expected to
> work with someone there.  I was hoping someone here might have an idea what
> it takes to get their attention, or how to contact someone else who might be
> helpful.

You have two major choices, neither one of which is what you
want to hear.

1. You can subscribe via some other address. GMail, Fastmail,
whatever. Let other people handle your mail for you, for money
or not.

2. You can run a mail server... somewhere else. Your employer
doesn't want you running a mail server, and you should probably
honor that desire by not running a mail server on their network.
Rent a virtual machine, a physical server or colocate one of
your own boxes someplace where the network and power is
reliable.

-dsr- also not listmaster