Re: My web site is back

On Tue, 08 Dec 2015 12:36:44 -0500 (EST), Martin Read wrote:
> On 08/12/15 16:58, Darac Marjal wrote:
>>
>> To which, the venerable W3C replied "Cool URIs don't change":
>> http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/URI.html
>
> Your criticism is invalid, given that the action that has clearly been
> taken here is "change my URIs so that in future they're under a domain I
> control instead of a domain someone *else* controls".
>
> (Also, given the behaviour of search engines, "Pretty much the only good
> reason for a document to disappear from the Web is that the company
> which owned the domain name went out of business or can no longer afford
> to keep the server running." is a beautiful theoretical principle with
> no grounding in practicality.)

Actually, I didn't change my web site name for either reason.  I changed it
because my ISP decided to discontinue their web hosting service.  (Or maybe
they just decided to discontinue their *free* web hosting service provided
to *home* users of their cable modem internet connectivity.  They may still
provide a *for charge* web hosting service to their *business* customers.
I wouldn't know.)  In any case, they "pulled the plug" on me.  I now pay
for a web hosting service that I used to get free.  But I will admit that
the new URL is more "cool" than the old one.  :-)