Re: My web site is back

On 08/12/15 16:58, Darac Marjal wrote:
On Tue, Dec 08, 2015 at 11:15:50AM -0500, Stephen Powell wrote:
If you have bookmarks set for the old site you should update your
bookmarks. Some pages from the old site are not on the new site
because I judged them to be obsolete.

To which, the venerable W3C replied "Cool URIs don't change":
http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/URI.html

Your criticism is invalid, given that the action that has clearly been taken here is "change my URIs so that in future they're under a domain I control instead of a domain someone *else* controls".

(Also, given the behaviour of search engines, "Pretty much the only good reason for a document to disappear from the Web is that the company which owned the domain name went out of business or can no longer afford to keep the server running." is a beautiful theoretical principle with no grounding in practicality.)