Systemd debugging (was ... Re: A stop job is running for...)

On Thu, Dec 03, 2015 at 10:07:01PM +0100, Michael Biebl wrote:
> Two issues that come to mind here:
> a/ cups-browsed.service declares a dependency on avahi-daemon.service.
> So it should be stopped before avahi-daemon. But apparently you don't
> have any avahi-daemon process anymore.
> Would be interesting to find out, why avahi-daemon.service is stopped
> before cups-browsed.
> Can you paste the systemctl cat avahi-daemon.service cups-browsed.service
> output
>
> b/ you use wicd. I suspect wicd is stopped (too) early during shutdown
> and tears down the network connection. Maybe that's related as well.
>
> I wonder if we should take this off list now. Not sure if our debugging
> session is interesting to the readers of this mailing list.

Au contraire, not knowing much about systemd myself, and having wrestled
with a postgreSQL upgrade on a raspberry PI running raspbian, I'm keen
on any troubleshooting/bug hunting tips I can get.

This may have had something to do it.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X