From: Martin Read <zen75502@zen.co.uk>
Sent: Monday, November 30, 2015 4:31 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Disable Ctrl-Alt-Del in Jessie

On 30/11/15 00:05, Bit Head wrote:
> In Jessie, this is proving to be more challenging as there is no inittab
> file to edit, and while I could create one, it would only contain
> commented lines, having a null effect.  It seems that in prior releases,
> one had to explicitly say what to do in order for anything to happen,
> and in Jessie, one has to explicitly say "do nothing" or action is taken
> (the logout/reboot/shutdown prompt is presented with a 30 second timeout).

That logout/reboot/shutdown prompt is a feature of your GUI environment,
which should have a mechanism for configuring it to do something *else*
(or, hopefully, nothing at all) in response to C-A-D.

For example, my XFCE4 environment is configured to lock the console when
I make the three-finger salute.