Re: LVM info - OTHER than HOWTO's

Hello,

El 18 de noviembre de 2015 1:08:49 CET, Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> escribió:
>In some of my reading I came across a page recommending LVM for
>ease of adjusting space.
>
>When searching for more information all I'm finding are
>essentially HOWTO's with only a couple of paragraphs on "Whats"
>and "Whys". Essentially nothing on "Why not".
>
>No information on dual boot.
>
>Suggestions?

See the wikipedia, it has useful infotmation:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical_Volume_Manager_(Linux)

For dual boot, as said on the list,i think windows cannot read lvm.

But if you dont want share data between both, you can create a boot partition, then an windows partition, and a lvm extended partition. And install linux on the lvm partition

Regards