Re: LVM info - OTHER than HOWTO's

On 11/21/2015 2:06 AM, Javi Barroso wrote:
Hello,

El 18 de noviembre de 2015 1:08:49 CET, Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> escribió:
In some of my reading I came across a page recommending LVM for
ease of adjusting space.

When searching for more information all I'm finding are
essentially HOWTO's with only a couple of paragraphs on "Whats"
and "Whys". Essentially nothing on "Why not".

No information on dual boot.

Suggestions?

See the wikipedia, it has useful information:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical_Volume_Manager_(Linux)

*EXTREMELY USEFUL* link, but not quite in manner intended <chuckle>.
After I got ~3/4 of the way thru it something began to look familiar.
Saw the content before as en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical_Volume_Manager_(Linux).
NOTE BENE en.m.wikipedia.org/... versus en.wikipedia.org/...
The "mobile" format of Wikipedia removes visual noise of the "desktop" format. I found myself following more links in the "mobile" format and getting more out of each link.

For dual boot, as said on the list,i think windows cannot read lvm.

Not an issue. I'll multi boot among versions and configurations of Debian. The medium term goal is understanding what I want from an OS ;)

But if you don't want share data between both, you can create a boot partition, then an windows partition, and a lvm extended partition. And install linux on the lvm partition

Regards