weird BIOS / USB Problem with Technotrend S2-4600

Hi,

I have a strange problem with my PC booting while my newly aqcuired Technotrend S2-4600 DVB-S2 USB box is connected.

When I start for the first time (cold boot with the usb box), everything is fine. firmware is installed and I can watch TV with vdr and xine or vlc. No issue. But as soon as I power off and on again the issue occurs.

The next time when I power on, the PC does ot boot. It does not even get to the boot loader. Not even the BIos messages are displayed, not even the first initial beep is played. The screen is just black. But when I unplug the Technotrend box the beep sounds immediately and the boot process starts. Attaching the box immediately again during boot works fine and I can watch TV.  Why is that?

I can not find any BIOS setting that could help. Motherboard is a Asus P8H67-V; Bios version 3707. What is going wrong here?

Any idea?

Matthias