Re: jira integration

On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 03:56:38AM +0000, Louis Lu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently working on a project for my company and search for a suitable help desk software.
>
> Debian bug tracking system is one of the products on the list.
>
> However, I have some technical issues and wonder if you guys can give me a hand.
>
> One of the key features of the product we need is that it must have 2-way integration between Jira and Debian bug tracking system.
>
> What I mean 2-way integration:
> I can create a ticket (eg a bug/support contact etc) from Debian bug tracking system in Jira.
>
> If I update (eg, adding a comment or changing the status etc) that ticket in Jira, Debian bug tracking system will get automatically updated with the changes.
> If I update in Debian bug tracking system, Jira will get automatically updated.
>
> Is this possible to be done in Debian bug tracking system? Do you have an already built Plug-in for this functionality?

Hey, it occurs to me that you might be under the misapprehension
that "Debian bug tracking system" is a software package.

It is not.

Debian is an organization that produces Debian Linux. It uses a
bug tracking system.

Is that the bug tracking system you mean, or are you looking for
help desk software, and you're hoping that Debian supplies some?

Because you'd be right about that, too, Debian has several open
source bug tracking systems available as installable packages.

-dsr-