pinning issue or what?

Hi,

I wanted to have cinnamon 2.8 on debian testing. So I played around with the lmde2 repos (betsy) in testing and managed to install cinnamon 2.8. In the course of this activity I had to donwgrade a handful of packages. It is working now. All is fine, except....

When I do "apt-get dist-upgrade" it wants to remove cinnamon:
----
35# d-u
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  cinnamon cinnamon-screensaver gir1.2-webkit2-3.0
  libgtop2-7
  libjavascriptcoregtk-3.0-0 libwebkitgtk-3.0-0
  gir1.2-javascriptcoregtk-3.0 gir1.2-webkit-3.0 libmarco-private0 libnemo-extension1 marco marco-common
6 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 3 to remove and 2 not upgraded.
Need to get 287 kB/1241 kB of archives.
After this operation, 1207 kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] ^C
----

Why is that? The policy says:

----