Re: ngspice

On Wed, 2015-11-04 at 21:42 +0100, Siard wrote:
> Jose Martinez writes:
> > Does anyone know why this package was dropped from the Debian
> > distribution???  What would it take to get this package brought back
> > to Debian??
>
> Apparently it has moved to non-free, as you can see here:
> https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=ngspice&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all
> You could add non-free to your /etc/apt/sources.list.

It is indeed in non-free, but not in i386 architecture since Debian
Squeeze.  The amd64 package exists past Squeeze but not the i386.  This
turns out to be a known "bug" and there is an open bug about it.  If
there is any way I can help, I will try to aid in the return of the i386
package to Debian.  I've sent out a couple emails in regards to this,
and hope to get some responses soon.  In the mean time, I'm using the
source package from upstream compiled on my system for the latest
version.