Re: can't boot Jessie since power drop-out (virtualbox on MacBook with SSD)

On Qua, 04 Nov 2015, Brendan Simon (eTRIX) wrote:
I was going to do a reinstall but I couldn't find a way of doing that
without repartitioning the disk (which I didn't want to do as I don't
want to lose any of my data).

It's certainly possible to resintall without repartitioning or formating. Just select manual partitioning and you should see the existing partitions. You can then set their mountpoints and indicate that formating should not be done.

--
Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br