Re: where does unstable appear from?

On 11/03/2015 05:19 PM, The Wanderer wrote:
When tracking sid, the biggest problems you're likely to encounter cannot easily be fixed in-place at all; you're likely to need to reinstall Debian from scratch. I have encountered this twice, and that's more than enough. The latter is, IMO, by far the worse of the two possibilities.
Luckily, in all my lifetime of using Linux, I personally have never encountered a problem with Linux, be it any version of Debian, Slackware, Mageia (the distros that I use constantly), or any other distributions that I briefly test out, which required full reinstallation. I hate reinstalling OS because of some problem, that's Windows way of doing things. I believe that short of rm -rf / everything that's done can be undone.