Re: where does unstable appear from?

On 11/02/2015 12:58 PM, Andrey Rybak wrote:
thanks for your answer.
its very strange for me that it is not possible to use filezilla in testing. i was using testing brunch in several years and filezilla was presenting in there. am i right? is it ok if i will change "testing" to "stratch"?

No, testing and stretch is currently the same thing. Changing to unstable would let you install filezilla (I would actually recommend using sid over testing). It's actually very common that package fall in and out of testing, there's absolutely nothing strange about that. Packages get removed because of bugs, new versions take time to be pushed down from unstable. You were just lucky with filezilla, I guess.

Alternatively, adding it to your sources.list and installing it with "apt-get -t unstable install filezilla", then removing it from sources.list or giving it low priority in /etc/apt/preferences will do the trick (consult this: https://wiki.debian.org/AptPreferences).

Be careful, both of those actions that I suggested, performed without full awareness of what you are doing  might break your system pretty badly.