Re: Lost LVM data - lost logical volume

On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 6:50 AM, Jonathan Dowland <jmtd@debian.org> wrote:

Lots of replies on a subject you don't know the answer for ;)

The efforts so far have been,

- recreated the logical volume with the same drives (as well as the one that had failed previously and now seemed to be working and is back in the same place).

- I can see the logical volume in lvm as well as the device in /dev/mapper/dm0

- I tried repairing it by running fsck and its full of inode failures and errors.

If anyone has any links to more authoritative sources or links or suggestions let me know. I tried Red Hat LVM list and that proved to return no results.

Its either a very common problem or its a dead problem.