Re: Installer partitioning problem (was: System Dorked -- Help! (Interim solution!))

On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 07:34:48AM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Monday 26 October 2015 05:55:10 Martin Str|mberg wrote:
>
> > In article <qnKxQ-5oC-13@gated-at.bofh.it> Gene Heskett
> <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:
> > >
> > > On a 4k/sector, 2 terabyte disk?  I tried from 500m to 2g, it would
> > > not accept it.  Finally I said to use 5% of the disk, and that
> > > worked. Since
> >
> > Mmm... Lately, usually the installation is onto an SDD, so lately no.
> >
> > But earlier I'm quite sure I've done that. That should be around/with
> > Debian 6 and then probably not 4k/sector disk.
>
> I am too, now.  And with that one caveat re the new big disks, debian's
> installer has Just Worked(TM)

Are you sure its not a 4k/sector internal but with a 512MB interface? I
know there was some discussion on the NetBSD list. I think your gripe
was about performance, if I remember correctly --- not that you couldn't
actually partition it.

Ignore this post if I'm barking up the wrong tree. :)

oppressing." --- Malcolm X