Re: System craches when browsing a web site

On Mon, 2015-10-26 at 16:40 +0100, Abou Al Montacir wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I tried to browse the following site multiple times using epiphany
> browser, and
> each time it makes my hole system crash. Only poweroff/poweron can
> recover.
> https://www.blinq.com/

I get an error "Problem displaying blinq.com", but no crashes or
freezes in Epiphany.

> While I can understand that epiphany does not support some features
> and craches,
> I don't understand that the system itself craches. I was not even
> bean able to
> user ctrl+alt+F1 to kill the process. I'm using 16GiB ram + 32MiB
> swap, so I
> don't think this is memory issue.
>
> Can you please advise if I need to fill a bug against general?
>
> PS: Please copy me as I'm not subscribed.

This is not, or at least not just, a problem in Epiphany. A freeze like
this is almost always a kernel or driver bug. Epiphany is just
triggering the bug.

Hard to say what exactly is the best way to track it down. If you have
another system handy, being logged in through SSH and examining the
system while the freeze happens might be a start.

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson