Re: Tracking down memory leaks (SOLVED)

On 2015-10-23 at 14:06, Lisi Reisz wrote:

> On Friday 23 October 2015 18:20:10 Cindy-Sue Causey wrote:
>
>> For people in my cognitive (disability type)
>
> [earlier]
>
>> 4 open windows with ~350 tabs open between them on 1GB memory.
>> Again. lol =)
>
> You claim to have cognitive disability, yet you can keep track of
> ~350 tabs??? I can't _see_ ~350 tabs, let alone keep track of them.
> :-(

On my end, I have well over 4000 open tabs in Firefox (the vast majority
of them unloaded), split across seven browser windows. For the most
part, I only work with the newest / oldest set in any given window at
any given time; with tabMinWidth (or its modern equivalent) set to zero,
that comes out to ~70 tabs per window at most (and only two windows get
that high).

I've been pushing hard to reduce the number, having hit a high-water
mark of 5,190 some months ago. Some of that reduction involves moving
things to bookmarks (although not everything in those tabs is suited to
being tracked as a bookmark), and some involves getting the project /
activity which led me to open that tab to the point where the tab is no
longer necessary.

--
   The Wanderer