Re: Tracking down memory leaks (SOLVED)

Le primidi 1er brumaire, an CCXXIV, Marc Shapiro a écrit :
> Google was my friend and showed me how to free up that memory ('free && sync
> && echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches && free' as root) and all is now good
> with the world.

I hope you realize this is only useful for debugging purposes.

The memory used by the cache and buffers is already free, or more precisely
immediately available for applications that need it. By flushing the caches,
you just prevent the system from making use of it while nobody else does,
and therefore reduce the performances.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George