Re: Thread dorked. (was: Re: System Dorked -- Help!)

Gene Heskett composed on 2015-10-21 10:53 (UTC-0400):

>> > +1, this stuff isn't readable.

Readable as in legible, yes, but an unintelligible mess, so not really readable.

>> For the record, the HTML is somewhat more readable than the plain text.
>> What might be the problem there?

>> > 7u4-23.01(7.0.4.23.0) 64bit (built Aug 10 2011)

>> Yeah, that might be the problem. :)

+1

> Same as the OP's email agent, but one of the other replies here is using
> icedove, whatever that is.

Debian debrands Mozilla products:

1: Ice <> Fire

2a: Weasel <> Fox

2b: Dove <> (Thunder)Bird (rv31.0)

2c: Ape <> (Sea)Monkey

2d: Owl <> (Ice)Owl

iceweasel=Firefox	https://wiki.debian.org/Iceweasel
icedove=Thunderbird	https://wiki.debian.org/Icedove
iceape=SeaMonkey
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mozilla_Corporation_software_rebranded_by_the_Debian_project#Iceape
iceowl=Sunbird		ibid.

> So there are at least 2 problem children
> here in terms of the email agents being used. I am on several other
> mailing lists, and the use of the Oracle email agent seems to be a
> fairly common problem.

I'm on more than 70 mailing lists. I can't recall Oracle being a "common"
problem, but it is nevertheless a problem as used by OP in this thread, and
the Claws and Icedove responses compounded the problem.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/