Re: Regarding language display issues

Himanshu Shekhar:

> I am having trouble viewing webpages and text written in regional
> languages. Possibly, I need the right fonts but have no idea how to get the
> thing implemented.

Just use your friendly package manager to find the right fonts to
install:

$ apt-cache search font tamil
fonts-lohit-taml - Lohit TrueType font for Tamil Language
fonts-lohit-taml-classical - Lohit Tamil TrueType fonts for Tamil script
fonts-meera-taml - free font for Tamil
fonts-noto-hinted - "No Tofu" font families with large Unicode coverage
(hinted)
fonts-pagul - Free TrueType font for the Sourashtra language
fonts-samyak - Samyak TrueType fonts for Indian languages
fonts-samyak-taml - Samyak TrueType font for Tamil language
fonts-taml - Meta package to install all Tamil fonts
fonts-taml-tamu - TAMu family of non Unicode fonts for Tamil script
fonts-taml-tscu - TSCu family of non Unicode fonts for Tamil script
task-tamil - Tamil environment

$ sudo apt-get install fonts-taml

> Need a fix!

This is obvious, otherwise you probably wouldn't ask the question. As it
is, this remark only gives us the impression that other people should
fix your problem. That attitude is usually not well received.

Since you are asking a very basic question about Debian, I suggest you
skim the Debian Reference:
https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-reference/

J.
--
When I am doing sex I wonder if my emotions can be detected by alien
civilisations.