Re: Backup solutions without reinventig the wheel these days

    Yes, we do use pretty much the setup you describe, i.e. rsync push to
    backup server, btrfs volume with daily snapshot subvolumes on the
    server. This particular setup has been in use for more than two years by
    now, and is working well with 8-10 servers (totals for all backed-up
    filesystems is about 1.2TiB/2.5M files of varying size; transferred

This sounds exactly as the solution we're using. Only we backup up to a freenas device, using rsync, zfs and it's snapshots. Using 4*6TB WD disks in a raidz2 config. Allowing for two disks to die at the same time without data loss. The freenas gui makes configuring everything simple.

I must say: zfs is absolutely super.