Re: Google Chrome

Charles Chambers <cchamb2@gmail.com> wrote:

> I just had google-chrome-stable update to Version 46.0.2490.71-1 via
> System update.  There's an open bug I reported to Google on this exact
> version.  I checked bugs.debian.org and find that google-chrome-stable
> has no package maintainer within the Debian organization to which bugs
> are reported.

Of course not. This package is a 3rd-party package from a 3rd-party
site, no one from Debian has anything to do with this package.

> 1)  How do I find and turn off the repository that google-chrome-stable
> is coming from so that it doesn't update until Google is able to fix the
> bug?  I REALLY like and use Chrome heavily.

You don't need to disable the repository. Use apt-mark to hold the
package until it is fixed:

  apt-mark hold google-chrome-stable

If you want to resume updating this package, use

  apt-mark unhold google-chrome-stable

> 2)  Is there anyone to report this to?

Yes, Google, it is their package after all.

Grüße,
Sven.

--
Sigmentation fault. Core dumped.