Re: Virtual box

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 09:33:56PM -0500, Mitch Nuss wrote:
> I am wanting to install Debian into a pic tower I have and want to use it as a headless server and use a tight VNC so I can access it anywhere. Do you have any advice for me and will I need to install virtual box? Amy info you have for me would be great thanks.

Assuming you mean "PC tower", then a VNC server should be sufficient.
As you might expect from Linux, there are a number of alternatives you
could consider, too. If you're happy at the command line, then debian
comes with SSH out-of-the-box, so you can get a command line straight
away. If you will be connecting from another linux machine, then you
might consider remote X connections (you can either run "ssh -X pc-tower
x-application" to run an individual application, or look into XDMCP if
you want a full remote desktop).

You won't NEED to install virtualbox, but there's no reason you can't.
Virtualbox will allow you to create a "PC on a PC", but won't address
the issue of running things remotely.

For a couple of useful tutorials, take a look at
https://wiki.debian.org/RemoteDesktop

--
For more information, please reread.