Re: Mailing lists, CC, followup-to, netiquette and all the rest [was: direct ethernet connection between computer and printer]

On Sunday 18 October 2015 20:21:49 tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 08:10:56PM +0100, Lisi Reisz wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > tomas said:
> > Yes, you are right about the CoC part. Still, if someone is picky about
> > *not* being cc'ed, I'd consider it polite to at least do his/her part and
> > express this wish with the headers in use for this purpose. At least
> > *before* scolding others <:*)
> >
> > Well, I am picky about not being cc'ed.  I have tried to be polite.  I
> > have asked tomas, who thinks I should do something in my headers, how to
> > do it. He tells me I can't.  So now I feel free to "scold others".
>
> Well, be fair :-) I said you can in most of the cases.

No you didn't.  You said that I should be polite and "express this wish with
the headers in use for this purpose", but you have no idea how this can be
done.  See above.

Lisi