gnome-power-manager compatible with systemd?

I have installed a standard Debian Jessie (with systemd and GNOME3) on my
older T500 (dual core). For some reasons, the *power statistics monitor*
is not installed by default. Is there a reason for that?

Is it save to install gnome-power-manager (only to get the monitor) or
does it may cause an conflict with the power management (if any) of
systemd?

If have installed gnome-power-manager now without warnings. After that,
the T500 doesn't shutdown completely. I had not have the time to debug
this on the weekend, but as far as I remember, this wasn't the case
before the installation of gnome-power-manager.