Can send but can't receive mail

Hi!

So I'm trying to use Kmail and I can send mail, even though the mail i
send from the client doesn't show up in the Sent folder (but the mail I
send from the webmail does show up there). I just can't receive anything.
The inbox shows up empty. I don't know what to do about this because my
friend is using the same internet connection, Kmail configuration, etc as
I am and he's not having any problems with it...

When I set up the account it fetched all the e-mails in the Junk folder, Sent
Mail folder, Archive, everything except the Inbox.

Can you help?
Thanks
Suzanne Edelman

PS: I've tried to use the debian reportbug thing but even in novice mode it
asks me things I don't know so it gave me this e-mail address to send an
e-mail to, that's why I'm doing this.