Re: what list to umail for this bug?

On 10/18/15, Chris Bannister <cbannister@slingshot.co.nz> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 17, 2015 at 09:26:16AM -0400, Jude DaShiell wrote:
>> I have an acer aspire 5003 notebook I tried installing the debian
>> firmware
>> distro on since it only has wifi communication capability for now.  The
>> firmware disk acted like it didn't have any firmware drivers on it when
>> it
>> got down to detecting the network.  In reality I had a usb rt2780 wifi
>> adapter connected to that laptop.
>> When I used the debian firmware disk to install on the amd k8 athelon
>> tower
>> I have the installation worked.  Post-install though I couldn't bring up
>> the
>> network at all.  I'm using my tower now with talkingarch installed on it
>> since I was able to use netctl and wifi-menu on talkingarch to bring the
>> wifi network up and keep it working.  I have done rather extensive web
>> searching and haven't found anything that quite describes my experiences
>> so
>> far with debian and what to do post-install since dmesg on the tower
>> claimed
>> the network link wasn't ready.
>
> I'd suggest the debian-boot list.

You saying that made me realize it might be a good time to go back and
remind myself what lists are available. For anyone else interested,
they're found here:

https://lists.debian.org/completeindex.html

For newcomers to that feature, there's a *no pain*, one click
accomplishes the task "Report as s p am* button on the right top
corner of each message in case you find anything that slipped through
filters.

Cindy :)

--
Cindy-Sue Causey