what list to umail for this bug?

I have an acer aspire 5003 notebook I tried installing the debian firmware distro on since it only has wifi communication capability for now. The firmware disk acted like it didn't have any firmware drivers on it when it got down to detecting the network. In reality I had a usb rt2780 wifi adapter connected to that laptop. When I used the debian firmware disk to install on the amd k8 athelon tower I have the installation worked. Post-install though I couldn't bring up the network at all. I'm using my tower now with talkingarch installed on it since I was able to use netctl and wifi-menu on talkingarch to bring the wifi network up and keep it working. I have done rather extensive web searching and haven't found anything that quite describes my experiences so far with debian and what to do post-install since dmesg on the tower claimed the network link wasn't ready. What debian list is this information most appropriate? In about a month I expect I'll be moving into an environment where both ethernet and wifi access will be no problem but I would like to be able to get debian up with wifi on the notebook since I may at some future date take that one on the road with me.