Re: systemd alternative for Jessie?

Ansgar Burchardt wrote:
Hi,

tom arnall <kloro2006@gmail.com> writes:
[SNIP]

what did they do to poll the views of the user community on the question?

If you want to know how Debian's technical committee came to choose
systemd as the default init, see [2].

   [2] <https://bugs.debian.org/727708>

That page explicitly answers "How?" [with a emphasis perhaps on the mechanics on how the formal side of the Debian community works].

An underlying incompletely answered question is "Why?"
There have been partial answers written by and for geeks.
What has the end-user, with a single machine, gained today from the adoption of systemd?

During the furor I tried chasing down links by systemd proponents. All I found were descriptions of how it made life easier for developers and those administering multi-user systems.