Re: [OT] Has my e-mail account been hacked?

On 14/10/15 12:51, Stephen Powell wrote:
> Their level 1 help desk isn't much help anyway, if you're a Linux user.
> The last time I called their level 1 help desk for technical support, the
> conversation went something like this:

Yep, familiar story.  Some can't get it through their thick heads that
you want support for the *internet connection* and not the computer
connected to it.  If it isn't in their script, they don't know anything
about it and don't want to know.

> And that was that.  They'll gladly take the money of a Linux user.
> But if you have problems, you're on your own.  That was a few years ago.
> Maybe it's better now.

True, as I said, this isn't L1 helpdesk material, I gave details of a
WHOIS look-up that gave an email address and telephone number you could
contact.

You'll probably note this is a different email address to your regular
helpdesk contact details, and for good reason.  It is for a totally
different audience: a technical one who know how to work the `whois`
tool, know what an IP address is, and know that a serial port isn't a
place for sailors to eat breakfast.

Forward them the bounce emails you've been getting, then the ball is in
their court.  I do know what it is like to deal with a clueless
helpdesk, spent many hours on the phone with a few here.

--
Stuart Longland (aka Redhatter, VK4MSL)

I haven't lost my mind...
  ...it's backed up on a tape somewhere.