Re: [OT] Has my e-mail account been hacked?

Stuart Longland:

…

> Not sure about this one.

It looks like the mail was delivered directly through
smtp02.wow.cmh.synacor.com by a user who successfully authenticated
using the username thecoughingcanary.

@Stephen: is that you? Who runs this mail service? If this is not your
username, you might want to contact the people who run the service and
have them reset the user's password.

I had a similar case on my self-administered mail host. A friend of mine
has an account there and random hosts from all over the world used his
credentials to send legitimately looking spam. We never found out how
this happened but changing the password was enough to make it stop.

J.
--
The news at ten makes me peevish but animal hospital makes me cry.
[Agree]   [Disagree]